Spring is here and we find ourselves finding things that were either forgotten or simply placed in the back of our minds until needed. We forget exactly where the tulips will come up or where we put the hedge trimmer, but we ultimately find them. But what happens when something finds us?
I was recently volunteering at the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store that I have previously blogged about. A donor gave us a strange object that no one had ever seen before and put it out on the floor for sale for a very reasonable sum. When I arrived at the store I walked around to see what was new; you have to as the items change often. I came upon this "strange thing" that was marked as a "carpenters table", I knew it wasn't. I told the manager what it really was and asked how long we had had it. There are very specific rules for volunteers wishing to purchase and item. Needless to say the "carpenters table" came home with me. It is really a wallpaper layers table, it folds up into a long cue stick looking self contained box....the best part is the 6 foot rules that accompanies it.
Now, why did it find me? Later that day, my man and I were at our favorite adult beverage establishment and ran into two friends who live a mile down the road. They know I love old, interesting and/or RE:Purposed things. They had a story to tell; they came upon a strange object in their attic. A long cue stick like box with a 6 foot ruler in it and they wanted to know what it was....I thought they may have donated it and I bought theirs....turns out they have one too! I believe everything happens for a reason, a purpose. This is a picture of the table, maybe you have one in your attic.
No comments:
Post a Comment