Truth be told, not a big fan of kids, they are loud, messy, unruly and basically unmannered. Oh wait, that's parents at a midget hockey game. I was thinking how easy and difficult it was to RE:Purpose som things, old paint, rust, uncopperative wood rot, etc. But how difficult would it be to find Purpose with a child you have never met. So I contacted the person in charge of the program(he happens to be my elementary school principal, not a small time back) and he was delighted to hear from me...I guess word of my indifference to kids never caught up to him. I had to go through an application process and background check, interview and then played the waiting game. Just when I had given up, they must have found out that I do not have a ready supply of Goldfish in my house, they called. I have been assigned to a second grade girl of minority status who attends one of the two city elementary schools I did. She needs to work on her social skills and shyness, while coping with latent agressiveness. I got my mentor package today with all of the do's and dont's...it seems a big dowith a child of this nature (frankly I relate) is a project with craftiness, color, paint, using ones hands and end results are encouraged.....I feel Purpose in the making.....http://www.mentoring.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment