There Is Beauty In Purpose

There Is Beauty In Purpose
Glacier National Park In Spring

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Educate With Purpose

Hi There,

I was at one of my favorite places yesterday, my public library, The Russell Library in Middletown, Connecticut.  I love books and reading.  This is a passion given to me by my parents and shared by all of the people I love in life.  In this age of electronics, fast paced lives and Tivo, we lose sight of the beauty of the written word.  I recently read a book about two sisters and ones love of books, her rejection of e-books because she could not feel the pages.  I could not agree more, books have lives, souls and purpose.  I collect vintage cookbooks.  I cannot tell you the excitement and elation I feel when I find a hand written note from the original owner letting me know that a substitution makes the recipe better or a torn out recipe from a periodical gone by that the previous owner thought high enough of to keep.  This feeling is like the one I previously posted regarding looking at old buildings and wondering.....go to the library, take out a book and wonder....meanwhile you are RE:Purposing in the best way.......

No comments:

Post a Comment