Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and of course Happy Holidays. I can remember when it was so uncomplicated. Wishing someone happiness and joy was never ill received ans the intention was never ill intended. This time of year causes so many to reflect upon so many things, but it saddens me that we do not reflect enough. We are just so caught up in the retail frenzy of giving.....
I encourage you, this and every season, to re gift. No, not the ugly tie from the grab bag at work, or the undrinkable bottle of wine from your long lost cousin. I mean go to your local antique/vintage shop or second hand store and give an item a new lease on life. I have found vintage engineering books and old tools for an Engineer in my life, vintage cookbooks and Corningware for a cook in my life, fun things, serious things, just things of all kinds. Don't get me wrong, I won't turn down a thoughtful gift from anyone....but those who really know me....know where to shop.
Peace........
Lindsay
No comments:
Post a Comment