There Is Beauty In Purpose

There Is Beauty In Purpose
Glacier National Park In Spring

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flag Day

I will rarely make any political statement in this arena.  I am the daughter and granddaughter of two Marines, My grandfather (mom's dad) was a highly decorated Marine Colonel.  My father received his Purple Heart from Admiral Nimitz on the hospital ship Hope.  They both fought in the South Pacific and met many years later, a story for another time.

I have posted a link to a story in the LA Times reagrding Flag Day.  I find many folks don't have a good understanding of the origin of the day.  I found this article full of Purpose.

I support our troops, regardless of whether I agree with the mission their boss has asked them to do.  So raise a flag and a glass to it.  Happy Flag Day!


http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/flag-day-traditions-and-rules-flag-day-.html

Flag day US flag Flying

No comments:

Post a Comment